In this difficult and uncertain time, we hope you are safe and taking precautions to stay that way. We have been listening to the needs of our community and developed solutions to support your well-being and beauty regime.
Here are 10 tips you may find helpful
- Lotion up after you wash your hands: Rub hands with hand wash at least 20 seconds, sing a chorus of your favorite song for time check. If you can’t get to a sink easily, use hand sanitizer (70%-80% alcohol) but make sure you don’t rub your eyes or go near the fire before the sanitizer is completely dried.
- Keep a thermometer at home, self-monitor your health regularly. Watch out for symptoms such as fever, shortness of breath and cough.
- Social distancing: It’s the responsible thing to do for yourself and others. Stay home and make your time at home most comfortable, enjoyable and valuable. Create your own home spa, home gym with a smart mirror, home beauty salon. It's actually quite easy to carry out skin scrubbing, HIFU facials, LED Phototherapy facial at home.
- Keep a routine, wake up and sleep at the same time. Rituals and routines provide normalcy in uncertain times. They keep us feeling grounded, more in control and reduce anxiety. Try to live one day at a time. Daily anxieties is part of life, do not add tomorrow's anxieties to today.
- Create a dedicated workspace if you are working from home. Take breaks and get off work at the same time as you would normally. Practice deep, long and slow breathing. Use massging tools to help you relax.
- Use your normal commute time for self-care. Apply a paper mask, read a book, do stretching, yoga, meditate etc.
- Drink sufficient liquid. Think water, vitamin-rich juice or smoothie, nourishing soup, indulge in herbal tea that is packed with antioxidants and works as aroma therapy for the senses.
- Keep up with a nutrient-rich, fiber-rich diet, think rainbow color meals. Home prep meals are the best. Do a round check for protein, vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and some healthy fats produce in your kitchen.
- Connect with family and friends online. Use FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts, Google Duo, Skype etc or just a normal call. We all need our support system and we are in this fight together! Alone-together!
- Incorporate virtual learning into your routine, time to pick a topic that you have always wanted to learn but thought “Later” or simply keeping a diary to record your emotions and thoughts to keep you feeling centered. Keeping a gratefulness journal to count your blessings will remind you of the abundance life is still offering.
Just because we need to take measures to ensure safety, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t live lives to the fullest and strive to be the best version of ourselves.